- Recipe for peppers stuffed with meat and tomato sauce
- food like grandma’s house
We believe that every time we cook a dish, we should remember how it tasted when our grandmother used to cook it. We guarantee that if you follow these steps exactly, you will have a very tasty dish.
- 10-12 medium bell peppers (8-10 cm long)
- 700 grams of minced meat, used in mixtures, ½ pork, ½ beef, also chicken or turkey meat I don’t like greasy stuffed peppers unlike salmale
- 1-2 onions (150 grams)
- 1/2 cup of round grain rice (75-80 ml, or about 50 grams)
- ½ bunch of dill
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika (optional, add for color and flavor)
- 250 grams or 200 ml of pureed tomatoes.of soup
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Optional: 1 whole egg or 1 egg yolk only.
- 3 bay leaves
- Sauce: 200ml concentrated tomato soup, 3 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp flour, bay leaf, salt, pepper, sugar or sweetener
First, remove the seeds from the peppers, clean the inside of the bones as much as possible, wash well, and drain the peppers face down. He puts minced meat in a bowl.
Chop the onion and put it on top of the meat. Add the washed and pounded rice, salt, pepper, paprika, tomato paste and chopped greens. If you really want to use it, add a whole egg or egg yolk. The egg certainly plays a role in binding the meat and rice composition together, but it also makes it a little stronger. Mix everything well until you get a homogeneous composition. Fill the pepper stuffing with the meat and rice composition, but not completely. If desired, the peppers can be covered with small tomato “caps”. Then place it in a suitable pot with the opening facing up. Separately, boil about 1.5 liters of water. When the water boils, carefully pour enough water into the pot to cover the peppers. Once the water boils, add the tomato puree or stock. Boil the peppers over a suitable heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until tender, enough to cook the meat and rice.
Also read Baked Peppers Stuffed with Feta Cheese.Greek-inspired recipes